Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Flowergirls!

I've been thinking of ways to cut down costs for me and my FI's wedding.  It seems like you never really understand how expensive a wedding is..until you have to plan your own!  I was slightly surprised how expensive flowers were..so my florist suggested that I purchase fake silk flower balls for my two flowergirls. Something they could keep after the wedding, and..it would only cost me around $20.

This is an option that I found on Etsy, which I thought was super adorable, they even have elegant crystals on them!  The seller has these in several different colors.  I'm thinking of getting mine with a ivory ribbon on it, instead of pink. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the silk flower idea! I got married last Aug and my florist suggested to keep the cost down by utilizing the flowers for the ceremony to the reception. It worked out beautifully and perfectly! We had pomander balls to hang and then used as part of the centerpieces and decorations for the cake table. Hope your wedding planning is going well. :)

    http://sheislovely1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I'm excited to see how they turn out!

      Delete